- Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
- Health Protection & Promotion Act R.R.O. 2990, Regulation 567 - Rabies Immunization
If you have any concerns with wildlife acting in an unnatural way, please contact one of the following trappers who will manage them in a humane way:
- Dave Heyblom - Home (519) 764-2688 Cell (226) 374-5176
- Humane nuisance animal removal of racoon, possums, skunk, groundhog, muskrat, beaver and feral cats
- Preventive screening installation available for skunk and groundhog burrowing.
- Livestock predator control of coyote and fox.
- Bill Kelly - Cell (519) 709-3218
- Nuisance animal calls (racoons, possums, feral cats)
- Dog bites or attacks call 9-1-1
West Nile Virus (WNV)
To learn more about the West Nile Virus and procedures to follow to report a dead bird, please visit the Elgin St. Thomas Public Health website
The Elgin St. Thomas Public Health no longer accepts dead bird submissions. If a dead bird is located on your property, please contact the Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre (CCWHC) or call 1-866-673-4781 to learn more about their surveillance and submission programs. If you wish to dispose of a dead bird; wear gloves, double-bag the bird and place in an outdoor gargabe disposal unit. Always wash your hands after contact with dead wildlife.
Wildlife Rehabilitation Centres
- Another Chance Wildlife Rehabilitation - St. Thomas Cell (519) 868-1937 (Carole)
- Salthaven Wildlife Centre - Mount Brydges (519) 264-2440 (Brian Salt)
- Wings Wildlife - Amherstburg (519) 736-8172