VOLUNTEERS HOURS for High School - Aquatics and other Special Events
- To assist the full-time aquatics staff at the Dutton Community Pool.
- Cooperate with the public, staff and program participants. Also a basic knowledge of the aquatics program and participation in a recreational setting in the past would be beneficial.
- To be available as a knowledgeable resource to the participants, parents/guardians and staff.
- Volunteers will never be asked or expected to carry out the duties of a qualified lifeguard.
- To arrive at the facility 15 minutes prior to the start of the programs to set up for the pool users.
- To maintain a good working relationship with other municipal employees and members of council and members of the public.
- To maintain a positive representation of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich.
- Help instructor guard gather equipment needed for lessons.
- Assist with lessons assigned by Supervisor(s) or Assistant Supervisor(s).
- Assist instructor with demonstrations.
- Assist patrons to go off the diving board and slide.
- Ensure that all patrons stay safe during the lessons.
- Help clean up equipment after lessons.
During Public Swim:
- Assist staff keeping office and equipment clean.
- Assist with change room checks and public washroom checks (toilet paper, paper towel and soap dispensers).
- Deck and perimeter check (garbage, leaves, etc.)
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Assisting the Municipality's Recreation Advisory Committee with various community Special Events i.e., Canada Day, Street Dance etc
Are you willing to submit a completed criminal background check to the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich in regards to your application to become a volunteer?