Landfill Location and Hours
10443 Coyne Rd Dutton
- Monday & Thursday morning: 8 am - 10 am
- 1st and 3rd Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm
Access our Annual Garbage Calendar - Our garbage will continue to be sent to Green Lane Landfill site
COMMENCING August 1, 2016
Items No Longer Accepted at the Dutton Dunwich Landfill Site as alternative methods of disposal are as follows:
- Bagged Household Garbage (collected curbside)
- Blue Box Recyclables - INCLUDING cardboard (collected curbside)
- Pesticide & Fertilizer Containers (collected at Agris Co-op)
- Seed & Pesticide Bags (collected at Agris Co-op)
For transparency reasons, clear bags will be a mandatory requirement.
The Council of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich anticipates co-operation with these intiatives to extend the life of our municipal landfill site. Resolution #2016.12.11
There is an area at the landfill site for lawn/garden refuse such as grass clippings and leaves.
The Municipality is registered as a "Collector" under Ontario's Used Tire Program. The landfill site is a registered depot and accepts the following tire types:
- passenger and light truck tires
- medium truck tires
- agricultural drive and logger skidder tires
- small and large industrial tires
- small, medium, large and giant OTR (off-the road) tires
Orange Drop is an industry-funded recycling program aimed at keeping hazardous and special waste materials out of Ontario's landfills and waterways. The Orange Drop Program allows Ontarians to return designated materials to local Municipal
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Depots, retail sites and collection events across Ontario. Visit the Orange Drop Website, www.makethedrop.ca
Who should pay for recycling?
Currently, municipal taxpayers pay 50% or more of Blue Box costs. View more information on new legislation that is being debated at Queen's Park.
If you require an additional Blue Box, they are available and can be picked up at the Municipal Office at 199 Currie Road, Dutton