The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich has entered into an agreement with the London Material Recovery Facility (MRF) to process our recyclables. This partnership will allow the municipality to begin a two-stream collection system which will commence May 1st 2012. Additional blue boxes have been purchased and will be delivered to each residence before May 1st. Promotional and educational material will also be sent to all residences and businesses within the municipality to explain the expanded acceptable materials program. Generally, there will be 1 blue box for paper products and another for containers such as glass, plastics, empty aerosol cans, and steel and aluminum cans. In partnering with London MRF, it will allow us to expand our acceptable recyclables and generate revenue for the municipality.
GARBAGE is collected weekly
BLUE BOXES are collected bi-weekly
Dutton Dunwich uses a 2-stream recycling collection system. Please separate containers and paper products.
CONTAINERS blue box(es) includes:
- Milk cartons, juice boxes, cardboard cans, empty aerosol cans, plastic bottles, plastic tubs, plastic jugs, plastic clamshell containers glass bottles & jars, steel & aluminum cans, empty metal paint cans, aluminum foil and pie plates, spiral wound (cardboard) cans.
**Remember** if it can hold a liquid, place it in the containers box.
PAPER blue box(es) includes:
- Magazines, catalogues, phone books, soft and hard cover books (remove hard covers), household paper, boxes, tubes, egg cartons, newspapers, flyers, cardboard boxes (flattened). Larger pieces of cardboard should be bundled in stacks no larger than (24”x 24”x 8”).
GARBAGE includes the following:
- Styrofoam, glassware & ceramics, plastic bags, bubblewrap, children’s toys, paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, tissue paper, chip bags.
LATEST ADDITIONS TO YOUR BLUE BOX PROGRAM:
- Paper cups (separate the plastic lid)
- Paper ice cream tubs
- Blister packaging
Place these items in the containers blue box.
- What does not belong in your blue box.
- Please sort your recycling - when it is done right, it costs taxpayers less!
- They're New! - the latest additions to your Blue Box
WHAT BECOMES WHAT: