Landfill Location and Hours
10443 Coyne Rd, Dutton Dunwich
- Monday & Thursday morning: 8 am - 10 am
- 1st and 3rd Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm
Access our Annual Garbage Calendar - Our garbage will continue to be sent to Green Lane Landfill site.
Landfill Site - Fee Changes effective January 2017
Items Accepted at the Landfill Site from Residents:
- Yard material (grass clippings, plant trimmings, leaves and pumpkin waste)
- Construction and renovation materials
- Tires (with or without rims)
- Electronics ** new drop off point
- Household items
- Appliances ($25 fee applies to each appliance that has not had ozone depleting substances removed)
- Scrap metal
- Car and truck batteries
COMMENCING August 1, 2016
Items No Longer Accepted at the Dutton Dunwich Landfill Site as alternative methods of disposal are as follows:
- Bagged Household Garbage (collected curbside)
- Blue Box Recyclables - INCLUDING cardboard (collected curbside)
- Pesticide & Fertilizer Containers (collected at Agris Co-op)
- Seed & Pesticide Bags (collected at Agris Co-op)
For transparency reasons, clear bags will be a mandatory requirement.
The Council of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich anticipates co-operation with these intiatives to extend the life of our municipal landfill site. Resolution #2016.12.11
There is an area at the landfill site for lawn/garden refuse such as grass clippings and leaves.
Who should pay for recycling?
Currently, municipal taxpayers pay 50% or more of Blue Box costs. View more information on new legislation that is being debated at Queen's Park.
If you require an additional Blue Box, they are available and can be picked up at the Municipal Office at 199 Currie Road, Dutton