The voters' list is a list of eligible electors in the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich. During non-election years the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich does not maintain a voters' list.
During an election cycle, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for preparing the preliminary list of electors for each municipality and school board in Ontario. It is MPAC’s Municipal Property Assessment database of both property owners and tenants that is used to prepare this preliminary list, which aids in the preparation of the final voters' list for Election Day.
Once municipalities have the preliminary list of electors, the revision period begins and electors may add their name or make changes directly with the municipality.
Identification (ID) is needed when you go to vote. Remember to bring one piece of ID showing your name and qualifying Municipal address. Your Voter Information Card or Notice of Approval cannot be used as a piece of ID.
- If you do not have acceptable ID, but your name is on the voters’ list you will be required to sign a Declaration of Identity to receive a ballot.
- If you do not have acceptable ID, and are not on the voters’ list, you will be asked to return with your ID in order to receive a ballot.
Types of Acceptable Identification Showing Name & Municipal Address
- Ontario issued photo card, driver’s licence or motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).
- Cancelled personalized cheque, credit card or bank account statement.
- Utility bill for hydro, telephone or cable TV, water, gas or a bill from a public utilities commission.
- Statement of direct deposit for Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program.
- Property tax assessment, income tax assessment notice, Child Tax Benefit statement.
- Mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement.
- Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).
- Insurance policy or insurance statement.
- Loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution.
- Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E.
- Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS), Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P), Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions.
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007.
- CNIB card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.
- Document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home.
- Hospital card or record.
Learn more about Ontario regulation 304/13 for voter identification under the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 as amended.