The Council of the Municipality of Dutton Duwnich hereby declares its intent to sell the lands legally described as Part Lot 4, Block 12, Plan 143, Part Lot 12, Concession A and Part of Dexter Street (being Part 8 on RP 11R-5256), by direct sale to the abutting Landowners, in accordance with By-law #2014-56
Residents will notice many paint marks and flags in front of their property which is part of the locating process for the installation of Packetworks High Speed Fibre Internet. Please do not remove these vital locates (flags). An employee from Packetwork's, Amanda Irwin is currently active in the community asking residents if they wish to sign up for their service.
Packetworks began designing, building, and managing broadband networks in 1996. Since then, the number and types of services that can be transmitted over the Internet have grown rapidly. They have been part of the progress – using the latest fibre optic and wireless technology in conjunction with existing carrier-grade infrastructure to provide fast, reliable and cost-effective managed networking solutions to customers throughout Ontario.
Contact Information: 515 Dotzert Ct, Unit 7, Waterloo ON N2L 6A7 - Toll Free 1-886-723-7703 or email@example.com
For Residents of Dutton Dunwich and West Elgin
SATURDAY AUGUST 19, 2017
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
WEST ELGIN PUBLIC WORKS GARAGE, 22413 HOSKINS LINE, RODNEY, ONT
- Paint/pigments/coating residues: including stain, marine coatings, automotive paint, driveway sealer, urethane, epoxy paint, pruning paint, roof coating
- Aerosols: including spray paint, cleaners, polishes, raid, 1 lb propane cylinders (camping)
- Misc waste inorganic chemicals: pool chemicals, bleach, TSP, photochemicals
- Misc waste organic chemicals: including transmission fluid, car wax, car polishes, windshield antifreeze, kerosene, glues, varsol, mineral spirits, thinners, drywall compound, caulking, degreaser, wood preservative, resins, epoxies
- Pesticides & herbicides: including round up, black-leaf 40, 2-4D
- Waste oils & lubricants
- Fluorescent tubes/bulbs
- Fire extinguishers
- Used tires (on or off rims)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Commercial waste; farm chemicals, large containers
- Large containers will not be accepted.
- Containers must be able to be placed inside a 45 gallon drum, Used oil containers must be sealed, and must be able to be handled by one person.
Please have your driver’s license available for proof of residency in West Elgin or Dutton Dunwich. For further information contact the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich at (519) 762-2204; or the Municipality of West Elgin at (519) 785-0560.
Celebrating Ontario 150 is a wonderful opportunity to promote kindness in our community. The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is encouraging children, adults, organizations, clubs and churches etc., to submit their “Acts of Kindness” to the Municipality so we can share how uplifting and rewarding it can be to complete a simple “Act of Kindness” for each other.
The main purpose of the Weed Control Act, R.S.O. 1990, is to reduce the impact of noxious weeds on the industries of agriculture and horticulture. Primarily this act applies to agricultural and horticultural lands that generate income or other benefits to agriculture; this excludes lawns, gardens and private areas for personal enjoyment and leisure.
Under the Weed Control Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter W.5 Sections 3, 16 and 23 that you are requested to destroy all noxious weeds on your property.
If you think you have Giant hogweed on your property or if you see it in your community please call the Invading Species Hotline at 1-800-563-7711 or report your sighting online at http://www.invadingspecies.com You will be asked to send in photos for identification. Do not collect parts of the plant for identification.
In Urban Areas
Sections 3, 13, 16 and 18 do not apply to noxious weeds or weed seeds that are far enough away from any land used for agricultural or horticultural purposes, as they do not interfere with that use.
All properties within the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich are hereby requested to be in compliance with the Weed Control Act by the 14th day of June 2017 and throughout the growing season.
Schedule of Noxious Weeds
Dog-strangling vine - black
Jeff Lawrence, Weed Inspector
Forest & Soils Conservation Supervisor
Kettle Creek Conservation Authority
Elgin County Tree Commissioner/Weed Inspector
Tel: (519) 631-1270 ext.231
Fax: (519) 631-5026
In December 2016, Transport Canada announced new safety measures and requirements for the use of unmanned air vehicles (UAVs). Given that many municipalities use UAVs – commonly referred to as “drones” - for site assessment at fire scenes and for other emergency situations, the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management is providing links to the following federal government Web pages outlining these new measures and requirements:
COMMENCING August 1, 2016
ITEMS NO LONGER ACCEPTED AT THE DUTTON DUNWICH LANDFILL SITE, AS ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF DISPOSAL ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Bagged Household Garbage ( collected curbside)
- Blue Box Recyclables - INCLUDING cardboard (collected curbside)
- Pesticide & Fertilizer Containers (collected at Agris Co-op)
- Seed & Pesticide Bags (collected at Agris Co-op)
For transparency reasons, clear bags will be a mandatory requirement.
The Council of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich anticipates co-operation with these initiatives to extend the life of our municipal landfill site. Resolution #2016.12.11