The Dutton Dunwich Heritage Committee invites you to attend a Public Open House, to be held on Wednesday, November 21st, 2018, from 4 pm to 7 pm at the Dutton Dunwich Municipal Building, in the Council Chambers to learn more about the Municipality’s Heritage Register.
Amber Mandich, Archivist Assistant from Elgin County Archives, will also be attending the Open House. She will be available to discuss the resources and services offered by Elgin County Archives for individuals interested in researching the history of their property.
Council for the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich has received the Heritage Register at their regular meeting of September 12, 2018.
The Municipality’s Heritage Register is a list of properties in the Town of Dutton Dunwich that have been identified as having cultural heritage value.
This list also includes properties which have been proposed to be designated under the Ontario Heritage Act.
The Register is available for viewing at the following link: www.duttondunwich.on.ca
The Ontario Heritage Act, listing allows for the protection of a culturally significant building or structure from demolition.
Owners of a listed property are required to provide at least 60 days’ notice of their intention to demolish or remove any building or structure on the listed property.
No other restrictions are placed on the property as a result of being “listed” on the Heritage Register.
No legal restrictions are registered on the title of the property as a result of being included on the Town’s Heritage Register.
Property owners are still permitted to undertake site alterations such as repairs, renovations and restorations without having to apply to Council, unless it results in demolition.
The followng information is being provided by Aecon Infrastructure:
- Traffic has been reduced to one lane from 1.4km West of Union Rd to 3.7km West of Col. Talbot Rd.
- Traffic has been moved from the westbound lane to the eastbound lane till November 2018. All construction will take place in the WBL for 2018
- Westbound public Access and Egress to Highway 401 at Union Road has been closed to the public till November 2018
- Temporary EMS Access and Egress have been constructed and is shown on page 1 of the attached file. Should access to these ramps be interrupted due to construction, an email will be sent out ahead of time.
- Three (3) three-point turn arounds have been constructed and spaced every 2km throughout the job. They are approximately 9m wide
Updates for existing and future road closures and restrictions can be found on the project website: www.hwy401reconstructioncontract5a.ca
Dr. Ahmed Kamar - Accepting New Patients
The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is very pleased to announce that Dr. Kamar has started his practice at the Dutton Medical Centre January 9, 2018 and is now accepting new patients. Dr. Kamar joined us from rural Saskatchewan where he has been practicing Family Medicine with a special interest in Mental Health. He also performed Emergency Room coverage, inpatient care and medical services for residents in long term care.
To find out more information on how to become a patient of Dr. Kamar, please contact the Medical Centre at 519-762-0943 or go to Municipality of Dutton Dunwich Website and download patient information form for completion.
Staff of Dutton Medical Centre