The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich - Accessibility
The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is committed to developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing accessibility in a manner that respects the individual’s dignity and independence, provides an equal opportunity to utilize and benefit from the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich's goods and services, and allows persons with disabilities to benefit from the same goods and services at the same time and location as other residents.
The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich will make every effort to provide an accessible environment for all persons with disabilities where practicable and will continue to enhance and improve its practices in addition to ensuring that it meets the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the specific requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and its regulations.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA)
The purpose of the Act is to achieve a fully accessible Ontario by 2025. The AODA is made up of five standards including:
- Customer Services
- Integrated Accessibility Standard which includes:
- Additional General Requirements
- Information and Communication
- Built Environment
Accessibility Policy, Plan and Reports
- Accessibility Policy and Policy Statement
- Multi-Year Accessibility Plan is intended to address existing barriers to people with disabilities and to prevent new barriers from being established.
- Annual Accessibility Status Report 2020 The purpose of this Status Report is to make the public aware of The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich’s progress with regards to the 2016-2021 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan to prevent and remove barriers and meet requirements under the AODA.
The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is committed to the creation an accessible online environment for its visitors. Our website conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.0.
Feedback and Communication
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or comments on our accessible services, programs or facilities please contact us by phone, email or fill out our Feedback Form. If you require an accessible format or communication support please complete the Request for Accessible Information or Communications
Additional Accessibility Resources
- Temporary Service Distruptions Procedure
- Temporary Service Disruptions Form
- Service Animals in the Workplace Policy
- Support Persons Policy
- Accessibility Training Resources for Third-Party/Contractors/Volunteers
- Accessibility and Emergency Planning
- OPP - Emergency Response Options for Accessibility
- Planning Accessible Events, So Everyone Feels Welcome