The Dutton Dunwich Volunteer Fire Department is located at 229 John Street, Dutton.
The Dutton/Dunwich Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects over 4000+ residents within 296 square kilometers in Elgin County. In the Municipality there are a wide variety of homes, farms, schools, and business both large and small that rely on our fire department to deliver emergency services.
You can count on the exceptionally trained and dedicated firefighters in our community.
Only Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives!
All residents are required, by law, to have a working smoke alarm on each level and near every sleeping area. Dutton-Dunwich Fire/Rescue will come to your home and perform a "Fire Safety Audit" on request at the home owners convenience. To book a time for your free "Fire Safety Audit" please call 519-521-7850.
Fire Department By-laws and Policies
- Bylaw to Establish and Regulate Fire Department
- Alarmed for Life Program Policy
- Fire Pre-Planning Policy
- Fire Prevention Inspections Policy
- Public Fire Education and Fire Prevention Program Policy
- Smoke Alarm Program Policy
- Smoke Alarm Fact Sheet
- Burn Permits - contact Deputy Chief Kevin Hull at 519-870-2775
- Common Sense Approach to Contrrolled Burning
- Using Common Sense Makes Better Neighbours
- Reducing the Risk of Fire on Your Farm - Assessing Your Risk
- Colin Shewell - Acting Fire Chief - 519-521-7850
- Kevin Hull, Deputy Fire Chief - 519-870-2775
- Murray Wickerson, Captain - 519-860-1543