The Municipality is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the position of Building Inspector. The successful applicant will be responsible to perform all statutory duties in accordance with the Ontario Building Code, Building Code Act and various other Acts/legislation and applicable law consistent with established policies, practices and procedures. This position is also required to provide Building Inspector duties for the neighbouring Municipality of West Elgin.
The hours of work are between 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday, however the incumbent may be required to work outside of normal business hours.
- Successful completion of a 2 year program in architectural or engineering technology from an accredited college of applied arts and technology or acceptable equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years related municipal experience as a building inspector, plans examiner, enforcing and administering building permit process in accordance with the Ontario Building Code.
- Successful examination with the Ministry of Affairs and Housing in the following streams: General Legal; House; HVAC House; On Site Sewage; Plumbing House; Plumbing All Buildings; and Small Buildings.
- Experience using Cloudpermit, Bluebeam, Keystone and Microsoft Office software considered an asset.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Persons Sector.
- Valid class “G” License
The salary range is $75,000 - $85,000 and will be commensurate with experience and knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter marked CONFIDENTIAL no later than by May 19, 2022 4:30pm to:
Kate Morreau, Human Resources. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.