The Corporation of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is a progressive rural community with a population of approximately 3900, ideally located directly off the 401 close to the north shore of Lake Erie in close proximity to London and St. Thomas. The Corporation of the Municipality of Dutton Dunwich is a growing and revitalized community, comprised of many small commercial, tourism related and agri-businesses.
Dutton Dunwich is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual for the position of Treasurer. This opportunity will serve as principal policy advisor to the Corporation in the areas of fiscal, financial and accounting matters.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk and effectively manage the Financial Department. The candidate will require:
- Excellent knowledge of the Municipal Act and other relevant legislation, Public Sector Accounting Board standards, investment and debt management, Provincial/Federal funding programs.
- A thorough knowledge and experience in financial management, purchasing, accounting and auditing principles and practices, applicable legislation/regulatory standards, property taxation, payroll, property assessment, budget formulation, local government functions and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to deal with the public and all levels of municipal staff and members of Council on sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent financial, project/time management, organizational, analytical, research, communication, presentation, problem-solving, staff leadership and supervisory skills.
- Required post-secondary degree/diploma in accounting/business and a professional designation of CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA) or enrollment in and near completion of an accounting program.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of management experience (preferably in a government setting).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including spreadsheet application.
- Experience with Keystone Complete Software is considered an asset.
The Municipality offers a compensation package based on qualifications and experience. Salary range is $92,248.30 - $107,917.46. The position is based on a 37.5 hour work week with evening meetings as required.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter marked CONFIDENTIAL no later than March 12, 2021, by 4:30pm
Kate Morreau, Human Resources. Email: email@example.com - Municipality of Dutton Dunwich 199 Currie Road, Dutton ON N0L 1J0
Personal information for this position is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, as amended. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.