The Town of Aylmer, Municipality of Bayham, Municipality of Central Elgin, Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich, Municipality of West Elgin, Township of Malahide and the Township of Southwold are currently seeking interested applicants with accounting, auditing and legal experience and from individuals with in depth knowledge of campaign finance rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, for appointment to the Elgin Election Joint Compliance Audit Committee.
The purpose of the Compliance Audit Committee is to:
• consider compliance audit applications made by electors and decide whether they should be granted or rejected;
• appoint an auditor if the application is granted;
• receive and consider the auditor’s report;
• commence legal proceedings, if there is a contravention; and
• if no contravention, determine whether there were reasonable grounds for the application;
• consider reports of the Clerk identifying contributors to a campaign that appear to have contravened contribution limits;
• commence legal proceedings, if there is an apparent contravention.
For further information or if you wish to be considered for an appointment, a copy of the Terms of Reference and Application Form are available from any of the following websites:
Town of Aylmer www.aylmer.ca
Municipality of Bayham www.bayham.on.ca
Municipality of Central Elgin www.centralelgin.org
Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich www.duttondunwich.on.ca
Municipality of West Elgin www.westelgin.net
Township of Malahide www.malahide.ca
Township of Southwold www.southwold.ca
Submissions are to be sent directly to:
Town of Aylmer
46 Talbot Street, West
Aylmer, ON N5H 1J7
DEADLINE for submissions is Friday, July 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
The Municipality is seeking applicants with accounting, auditing, and legal experience and from individuals with in depth knowledge of campaign finance rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, for appointment to the Elgin Election Joint Compliance Audit Committee.
Applications can be found here.
Terms of Reference can be found here.
A printable copy of the advertisement can be found here.