The County of Elgin is developing a Transportation Master Plan (TMP). The TMP is the first comprehensive master planning exercise for the County’s transportation network and will be coordinated with the ongoing Official Plan update. The TMP will:
- Set the strategic direction for developing the County’s multi-modal transportation system;
- Lead the County toward a more safe, accessible, equitable and sustainable transportation network, supporting local and interregional connections for all travel modes, while strengthening local economic and tourism opportunities; and
- Support the transportation and growth management strategies of the Official Plan, provide policy directions and inform long-range financial planning.
This study is being conducted in accordance with the requirements of Phases 1 and 2 of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment, an approved process under the Environmental Assessment Act.
Virtual Public Information Centre - Date: June 23 through July 14, 2021 Where: Online at www.engageelign.ca
We want to hear from you!
Interested parties are invited to visit the virtual public information centre at www.engageelgin.ca tolearn more about the study and to help inform the development of the Transportation Master Plan:
- Watch an informational video;
- Review virtual display boards;
- Take the public opinion survey to help us identify transportation needs and opportunities and to help confirm our transportation vision and goals (available from June 23 to July 14, 2021); and
- Submit comments and questions.
Help shape the future of transportation in the County of Elgin!
If you have any comments or questions regarding this study, email TMP@elgin.ca or contact:
Peter Dutchak, Manager of Transportation Services
County of Elgin
450 Sunset Drive
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5V1
519-631-1460 ext. 4
Anna Mori Consultant Project Manager
55 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7
Mob. +1 647 239 0291
With the exception of personal information, all comments will become part of the public record of the study. This notice first published June 01, 2021.