CELEBRATE ELGIN COUNTY PRIDE WEEK – DUTTON DUNWICH
Across Elgin County Municipalities will be celebrating Pride Week from August 9 to 13th together. Flags will be raised collectively across the County.
Come out and celebrate your community flag raising ceremony on August 10 at 10:00 a.m., at the Municipal Office -199 Currie Road, Dutton.
Volunteer - Get Involved
We’re nothing without our talented and dedicated community of volunteers. Learn more about how you can get involved with Dutton Dunwich Pride Week celebrations by contacting email@example.com or Trish Corneil at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to show your support from home
There are plenty of ways to show your support from home. We've listed several to get you started.
- Hang a Pride flag outside your home.
- Place a Pride sticker on your car.
- Wear some Pride clothing.
- Join virtual events.
- Be an ally to your LGBTQ+ colleagues, friends and family members.
- Support LGBTQ+ organizations in schools.
- Support businesses that support the LGBTQ community.
Here's a calendar of Pride events happening around the world.
Additional Activities / Resources
- Pride Flag Colouring Page - Colour your own pride flag and display it in your window to show your support!
- Pride Crafts - 13 Rainbow Craft Ideas To Help Kids Celebrate Pride
- Pride Food - 25 Rainbow Foods you can make at home to Celebrate Pride! Share your creations with us to post on our social media platforms.
- LGBTQ+ Youth Line: A phone and text peer-support service for LGBTQ+ youth. Operates Sunday to Friday, 4 pm to 9:30 pm 1.800.268.9688 or Tex: 647.694.4275
- A collection of TED Talks (and more) on the topic of LGBTQ+.
For immediate release: Ontario Moves to Step Three of Roadmap to Reopen Tomorrow
Dutton, Ontario, Thursday July 15, 2021 – Based on provincewide vaccination rates and continuing improvements in key public health and health system indicators, the Ontario Government will move the province into Step Three of its Roadmap to Reopen at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 16, 2021.
Step Three of the Roadmap focuses on the resumption of additional indoor services with larger numbers of people and restrictions in place.
Highlights from Step Three include:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 100 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor dining with no limits to the number of patrons per table
- Retail with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Indoor religious services, rites or ceremony gatherings with physical distancing
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities with capacity limits
- Personal care services with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Museums, casinos and bingo halls with capacity limits
- Cinemas, concert, theatres, and other performing arts venues with capacity limits
- Indoor food or drink establishments where dance facilities are provided, including nightclubs and restobars, permitted up to 25 per cent capacity or up to a maximum limit of 250 people (whichever is less).
- Continue to follow Public Health measures which include:
- wearing a face covering or mask
- staying 6 feet or more away from others
- staying home when sick
- washing or sanitizing your hands often