ONTARIO ENERGY BOARD NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS OF ENBRIDGE GAS INC.
Enbridge Gas Inc. has applied to dispose of certain account balances and for approval of the amount of its earnings that it must share with customers.
Learn more. Have your say.
Enbridge Gas Inc. has applied to the Ontario Energy Board for approval to dispose of amounts recorded in certain deferral and variance accounts and for approval of the amount of its 2019 earnings that it is required to share with customers.
If the application is approved as filed, a typical residential customer in the EGD Rate Zone (former Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. customers) would pay a one-time charge of $0.74 in January 2021.
A typical residential customer in each of the Union Rate Zones (former Union Gas Limited customers) would see the following impacts:
• Union South Rate Zone: a total charge of $4.97 collected over three months, from January to March 2021
• Union North West Rate Zone: a total credit of $61.53 received over three months, from January to March 2021
• Union North East Rate Zone: a total credit of $5.94 received over three months, from January to March 2021
Other customers, including businesses, may also be affected.
THE ONTARIO ENERGY BOARD WILL HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) will hold a public hearing to consider the application filed by Enbridge Gas. During this hearing, which could be an oral or written hearing, we will question Enbridge Gas on the case. We will also hear questions and arguments from individuals that have registered to participate (called intervenors) in the OEB’s hearing. At the end of this hearing, the OEB will decide whether the amounts and the charges or credits requested in the application will be approved.
The OEB is an independent and impartial public agency. We make decisions that serve the public interest. Our goal is to promote a financially viable and efficient energy sector that provides you with reliable energy services at a reasonable cost.
BE INFORMED AND HAVE YOUR SAY
You have the right to information regarding this application and to be involved in the process.
• You can review Enbridge Gas’ application on the OEB’s website now
• You can file a letter with your comments, which will be considered during the hearing
• You can become an intervenor. As an intervenor you can ask questions about Enbridge Gas’ application and make arguments on whether the OEB should approve Enbridge Gas’ request. Apply by October 8, 2020 or the hearing will go ahead without you and you will not receive any further notice of the proceeding
• At the end of the process, you can review the OEB’s decision and its reasons on our website
The OEB intends to consider cost awards in this proceeding that are in accordance with the Practice Direction on Cost Awards and only in relation to the following:
1) The review of the following deferral and variance accounts:
EGD Rate Zone (former Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc.) Accounts
• Storage and Transportation Deferral Account
• Transactional Services Deferral Account
• Unaccounted for Gas Variance Account
• Average Use True-Up Variance Account
• Deferred Rebate Account
• Dawn Access Costs Deferral Account
• Gas Supply Plan Cost Consequences Deferral Account
Union Rate Zones (former Union Gas Limited) Accounts
• Unabsorbed Demand Costs Variance Account
• Upstream Transportation Optimization Deferral Account
• Short-Term Storage and Other Balancing Services Deferral Account
• Normalized Average Consumption Deferral Account
• Unaccounted for Gas Volume Variance Account
• Unaccounted for Gas Price Variance Account
• Parkway West Project Costs Deferral Account
• Brantford-Kirkwall / Parkway D Project Costs Deferral Account
• Parkway Obligation Rate Variance Deferral Account
• Lobo C Compressor / Hamilton-Milton Pipeline Project Costs Deferral Account
• Lobo D / Bright C / Dawn H Compressor Project Costs Deferral Account
• Burlington-Oakville Project Costs Deferral Account
• Panhandle Reinforcement Project Costs Deferral Account
• Pension and Other Post-Employment Benefits Variance Account
• Deferral Clearing Variance Account
Enbridge Gas Inc. Accounts
• Account Policy Changes Deferral Account
• Earning Sharing Deferral Account
• Tax Variance Deferral Account
2) The review of Enbridge Gas Inc.’s 2019 utility results and earnings sharing amounts.
3) The review of the methodology for disposing and allocating the deferral and variance account balances and the 2019 earnings sharing amount, if any.
Our file number for this case is EB-2020-0134. To learn more about this hearing, find instructions on how to file a letter with your comments or become an intervenor, or to access any document related to this case, please enter the file number EB-2020-0134 on the OEB website: www.oeb.ca/participate. You can also phone our Consumer Relations Centre at 1-877-632-2727 with any questions.
ORAL VS. WRITTEN HEARINGS
There are two types of OEB hearings – oral and written. Enbridge Gas has applied for a written hearing. The OEB is considering this request. If you think an oral hearing is needed, you can write to the OEB to explain why by October 8, 2020.
If you write a letter of comment, your name and the content of your letter will be put on the public record and the OEB website. However, your personal telephone number, home address and e-mail address will be removed. If you are a business, all your information will remain public. If you apply to become an intervenor, all information will be public. This rate hearing will be held under section 36 of the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c.15, Schedule B.